Thursday, September 13, 2012

This One's For the Girls...

Dear Girls,

I read "Lies Young Women Believe" several months ago, and it truly touched me. It blessed me in so many ways and made me realize that admist all the insecurities I'm facing, I'm not alone. I'm not the only girl feels lonely, or feels like there's something wrong with her cause she doesn't have a boyfriend. I'm not alone in thinking that I'm not good enough, that I need to try harder, perform better, and then people will love me more. I'm still dealing with a lot of issues, but it feels positiviely liberating to know there are other teen girls out there who are dealing with these exact same problems. I highliy reccomend this book to teenage girls. You will be blessed. Promise.

For more information on "Lies Young Women Believe", check out their blog by clicking  here. Also, please take a moment to watch this video. What authors Nancy and Danneh have to say is so true....something every teenage girl in America NEEDS to hear.

 
 
Emily


1 comment:

  1. I agree! This is a really super book. Great post, Emily!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete