Saturday, October 2, 2010

Olivia's Letter

Abortion kills more than 42 million babies every year. Those innocentbabies are living in the womb; God created these precious childrenwith a purpose and it is not anyone’s right to take that life.
Many women think that that baby inside them isn’t alive. This in andof itself is sad. The fact that some people actually believe thismakes me angry. Even in the womb the baby shows sensitivity to light:he develops fingers, toes, eye lashes, and eye lids.

Hosea 12:3 says, "And he took his brother by the heel in the womb, andby his strength he had power with God." I love this verse because itclearly shows that the baby was alive in the womb.

Another thing that strikes me is that when teenage girls get unwantedpregnancies they turn to abortion because they think that they have noother choice: "I'm too young," "What will everyone think of me," "Ididn't want this to happen," or "I didn't mean for this to happen." Ifthis is the case, why did they get pregnant in the first place?

Other times women just don't want the baby because of a birth defector disease that he will be born with. How can anyone love that babyany less just because of a birth defect? He is still a human being,and is still created by God, who has a special plan and purpose for him.

Just remember, you have to live with the decision to kill your own baby. Before you take your child’s life, ask yourself this question: Can I live with this decision for the rest of my life?

~Olivia~
age: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment