Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Traditions.......

Hello friends,

As Christmas approaches, I have been thinking of some of the traditions that my family has!!  Every year, my brother, and sisters, and I wake up to find our stockings at the bottom of our beds, waiting to be opened!!  My dad works at the Ticonderoga International Paper Mill, and he works shift work.  For that past.... I'm not sure how many years now, he has come off of 11 P.M.-7 A.M., so we would open our gifts (as a family) after he got our of the shower!!  But this year it is going to change because he is going to be working days, or 7 A.M.-3 P.M, and so we won't be able to open them in the morning. =(  That is going to be a shift in our family tradition.  Hopefully when he gets home, he will be able to eat Christmas dinner with the family (my grandparents, Aunt, and Uncle with all the cousins, and usually we have a few elderly people from church that don't have any family around)!! =)  

Another tradition that our family has is breakfast up at my grandparents, who live right up the road!!  After we eat, my grandfather, being the pastor of our church, like to read the Luke account of Jesus' birth!!  I don't know how long how it has been since we have been doing that!! =)  It is definitely a tradition that will last a really long time!!  

Now that I have told you a little bit of what Christmas is like in our family, I would like to know what some of your traditions are.  If you have an lasting traditions that you family has had for a while, and you would like to share them, drop us a comment!! 

Merry Christmas!!  

~Olivia~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment